Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Bruised swollen knee after an injury. Severe pain and numbness. Need to see an orthopedic doctor?

Two weeks ago I fell out of a car on the inside of my right knee cap. My leg became bruised and swollen. I went to my regular MD and he had an xray done of the knee to make sure the knee cap wasn t broken or misplaced. Two weeks later the brusing is gone but I have a knot about the size of a small clementine. It is really hard. Also on top of my knee cap it feels kind of squishy and if it is hit on something the pain is severe. In addition, the whole top of my knee is still numb. Should I see an orthopedic doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
hello,,thanks for query
tenderness,swelling on the knrr after an injury cannot be neglected..all the injuries of the kneeand hair line fractores may not be picked up by x ray(x ray detects bony injuries)..
injury can be bony,muscular,ligamentous,tendon injuries or collection inside a joint

so suggest you to consult an orthopaedician immediately and follow his treatment
get well soon
Answered: Fri, 12 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor