Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Bruised ribs and trouble in breathing

Wife fell off step in kitchen and banged left rib cage on counter. Pain has increased for a couple of days. Trouble breathing, especially for deep breaths. Hurts when coughing, sneezing, and trouble bending over or sitting up. Noted nausea two days after; not serious, but noticeable. If ribs are bruised or broken, do these symptoms warrant a visit to a doctor? Or, is this a normal progression and give it a few days to see if it improves.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1242
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
She needs to get an xray done for diagnosing rib fracture .if there is only bruising then these symptoms may resolve soon but a fracture has to be treated by a kindly visit your physician or an orthopaedic surgeon.thanks
Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.From the symptoms that she have there are chances of rib fracture.In any case it is better you take her to doctor and get her examined.The doctor examination may or may not advise X ray.There is no need to worry if there is some minor crack fracture of ribs,but diagnosis is must.Apply some analgesic over the area and see a doctor.
wishing her speedy recovery.
Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor