Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Bruised patch on the back getting bigger. No pain. Cancer?

my husband is 52 he had a bruise looking patch come up on his back near the spindkind of white in middle. It keeps getting bigger and has spread over the spine to the other side he saids it doesn't hurt but it feels like texture like ribbed. Could this be some kind of cancer. Dr. said bloop plates aren't right and put him on B12 told him to go to a dermatologist but he hasnt gone yet
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
It doesnt sounds like cancer ,it sounds like dermatologic disease such as psoriasis, allergic or autoimmune dermatitis or many other. Cancer should always be ruled out of course so I suggest to visit dematologist and do skin biopsy. Second cause can be clotting disorder which causes subcutaneous haematoma which can spread on this way. WIsh you good health.
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor