Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Bruised painful lump on the shin after a fall. What is the treatment?

Hi! I m a gymnast, and at one of my competitions I fell off the beam and hit my shin pretty hard. It immediately swelled up. This happened about a week ago, and it s still just as swollen as when it happened. It s just like a huge lump on my shin, and all around it it is bruised. It s painful to touch and put any pressure on that leg. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  923
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that there might be big hematoma after injury.
Go for ice pack application for 10 minutes 2-3 times a day.
Go for antibiotic medicine medicine as there is a chance of having infection on the part.
If require go for x-ray shin of tibia to rule of any injury to bone tibia.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor