Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Bruised leg with pain after falling. Dent in the shin. What kind kind of doctor should I consult?

Hi, i had taken a bad fall about 6 weeks ago and was bruised all over my leg. There was only bruising pain, nothing felt broken or torn. Now 6 weeks later, the bruising is gone, but I have a dent in my left shin where the biggest bruise was and a hard bump. Not sure what kind of doctor I should go see or what kind of damage happened?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  218
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
After 6 weeks if you got dent on your shin of tibia, chances of having osteomyelitis is there.
Go for x-ray shin of tibia and rule out any infection.
Consult Orthopedic surgeon and get examined.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor