Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Bruised hip, swelling after falling from horse, treated. Swelling returned with burning pain in thigh. Cure?

I was tossed from a horse in late November. My hip bruised and swelled after about a week and resolved over the next 2 weeks. Pain was what you would expect from that kind of injury in a 54 yr old man. Over the last week the swelling has returned, no visible bruise but a sharp burning pain in the thigh on the same side which comes and goes. Not sure if this is just something to expect or I should seek help. - thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
The swelling could be collection of fluid due to previous injury.
Please get an Ultrasound of the swelled area and get correct diagnosis.
Till then,please take an Antibiotic and anti inflammatory drug.
If you come back with the report,i will clarify further
Wish you speedy recovery
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor