Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Bruised forearm, injured lower back above buttock post a fall, have extreme pain and difficulty in moving. Remedy?

Hello, I m on holiday in morocco . While riding a horse in gallop yesterday I fell off. I grazed my left forearm and injured the lower left side of my back at the belt line directly above the buttok. I walked back to the stables but in constant pain. It is very painful and difficult to move and get comfortable in bed to rest. It s difficult to cough with the pain. I am 50 miles from the nearst town and doctor. Should I stay put and rest
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello eamonn81,

Welcome to the forum. I can understand your painful condition. You can take use some muscle spray and take some analgesic locally to get relief. You can also use hot pads or hot fomentation. If still the symptoms persist, you need to see a doctor in emergency room. You should have an X-ray done to rule out any fractures or hair-line cracks. Do not massage your wounds, massaging may worsen the condition. Take calcium tablets.

If your radiology shows fractures you may need Plaster of Paris or crepe bandage as per the findings of your report. Do not get dismayed, consult a doctor and you will get fine soon.

Have courage, take care.
Answered: Thu, 4 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor