Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Bruised foot and hand after car accident. Blood in urine. Should I call doctor?

I was in a car wreck 6 day ago. i have a bruised up foot , very bruised right hand , and some very sore and bruise ribs and neck area, but other than this i am OK. This morning i had to go piss and when i did there was blood . not alot but enough to make it look like i was pissing more blood than pee. So now what, should i call the doctor are just keep a close watch on this for a day or two. I am really not hurting and i am getting better each day.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
some trauma could cause some degree of renal trauma (kidney injury)and its worth investigating. At your level, you could start collecting urine in a clear container and comparing the intensity of the redness and recording as you wait to see the urologist. Meeting the urologist for an abdominal scan to exclude a concealed kidney trauma is a sensible thing to do to be on the safe side.
While you take an appointment with the urologist, visiting the emergency room and monitoring your urine could be sufficient for the moment.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor