Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Bruised feeling with extended stomach. Was on treatment for e pylori. Need help

For the past two weeks I have had a bruised feel and extended stomach around the front lower portion of my stomach. When I lean up against a counter and place direct pressure on the sides I feel a more intense bruised felling (though not unbareable, always noticeable) I recently was given a drug regimen for e pylori and finished the treatment on the 14th ov November. Though I never noticed any pain prior to the diagnosis and treatment, I am currently having these mild pains. What should I ask my dr. Sometimes I feel as though I I don t ask the right questions. can you help?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
There could be two possibilities for the symptoms you have described;
Reflux esophagitis in which content of the stomach pass from stomach into esophagus (food pipe)
The other possibility could be Gastritis caused by H Pylori infection, though you have taken treatment, but sometime it doesn't get eradicated by treatment.
I would suggest you consult a physician, and get your upper G I endoscopy done, that will rule out or confirm, both possibilities.
Hope this answers your questions
Answered: Sat, 1 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor