Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Bruised chest and hip after an accident. Need treatment?

Hi, my name is ashley. I was in a car wreck about a week ago, i was a passenger in a car ..we t-boned a truck who turned in front of us. We all went to the hospital, got x-rays no broken bones. Airbags deployed and i was wearing my seatbelt. just came out with a bruised chest and left hip. Well i ve been having chest pains on my ride side that are getting worse now i can feel a knot or bone in my upper right side under my collar bone..i was just wondering if thats normal. And also when I take deep breathes it hurts unless I take only half a breath. Please help..I just need to know if I need to see a doctor.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
Welcome to the forum.
The knot is likely to be due to a hematoma formation in the area.
Since the bony injuries have been ruled out, a soft tissue injury is likely. You need to avoid massaging the area and take a mild pain killer for relief.
The pain and swelling might take over a week to subside. In case there is an acute pain and a sudden increase in swelling then consult your physician for a direct examination to rule out any infection in the area.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor