Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Bruised bone on right knee, lump on medial meniscus. Previous injury in area. Cure?

I have been bruising the bone on my right knee from the way I squat to pick up small dog due to a bad back. Now, I find a pea sized lump on the right medial meniscus , very painful to even touch.. That is e same area that I showed a bruised bone on MRI of right knee last yr.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Do not worry about the "pay"...

Bone bruise is a non-specific term that is used by some radiologists. You do not really bruise your bone by bending down. I wonder if it could have been edema from osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis and meniscal tears are often found together. You inidcate that the lump is over the "medial mensicus",,,you must have some medical knowledge! This painful lump may a meniscal cyst, if so, you have a meniscal tear.

However, there are many other causes for "lumps" and further evaluation seems in order. Cancer is the big one that needs to be considered. Your primary doctor would want to know that you are having pain and have a lump. A repeat MRI would help a lot with the diagnosis.

Best wishes and good luck,,,
Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor