Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Bruise with hard and bony bump near wrist after getting hurt for 13 year old

Hi, a few days ago I fell and bashed the inside of my arm just below my wrist . A huge bruise formed, and now as it is fading I can see a bump under my skin which feels very hard and bony. Around that area there is a little dent and smallish bruise. When I turn my hand about 40 degrees, the lump sticks out. I can move my wrost easily as the bump is on my arm, but every so often I get a pain and tingling feeling around the area. I was wondering of it could be fractured, and if I need to get it checked our, btw I am 13 Years old.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  388
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You may have a post traumatic ganglion cyst. From the way you describe I infer that the pain is mild, which means a fracture is very unlikely. However the most prudent approach would be to get an X-ray done and approach a doctor at the earliest possible.

Hope you get well soon
Answered: Thu, 26 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor