Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Bruise with a swelling on the shin after a fall. Need medical attention?

I fell down some concrete stairs back in March. I hit the bottom part of my left shin on the edge of the stair. It swelled up with a bruise , but now the bruise is gone. What is left is a brown mark where it hit, and some swelling underneath. But the area around the brown mark, I have absolutely no feeling in. I m worried. Because, as you know, it s August.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  176
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for query,
As 4-5 months passed and still there is swelling then it should be evaluated.
Most probably there might be hematoma on the part.
There is some chances of having bone erosion giving rise to Osteomyelitis.
Go for X ray of shin and find out the cause.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 21 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor