Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Bruise on the shin with a painful lump after a fall. Bone damage?

Hi I fell going up the stairs about two weeks a go, I had quite a large bruise on my shin just under my knee and a lump which is very sore. The bruise has started to go away although it is still quite large and dark but it is still really sore and the lump is still there. I am worried that I might have damaged the bone? - Also I don t normally bruise very easily at all so to have such a big bruise makes me think I have really hurt it. I am 19 years old.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  3882
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Appearance of a bruise after a fall can be due to a soft tissue injury or a minor hair line fracture. Investigations like MRI will be helpful in differentiating the two. Till then you need to avoid weight bearing and do a cold compress in the area.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 6 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor