Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Bruise on the knee after a fall. No fracture in the x-ray. Formation of blisters. What to do?

I fell on my right knee and now have a huge bruise . I already went to urgent care and they took an xray . No breaks or fractures . The doctor said I have a bad contusion. Gave me some pain medication and said to rest up and let it heal. When I went to urgent care I had a few small blisters that were forming from fluid or blood i guess. Now the blister is much larger and looks like it will pop any time now...What should I do? Should I pop it myself? My primary doc is on vacation....I am still very swollen and bruised but not in too much pain. I have more soreness and stiffness due to the swelling. Please advise.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  207
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
take rest, let blister pop on its own dont intervein. that can be aspirated under sterile conditions only u need anti inflammatory medicines , and trypsin
Answered: Fri, 14 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor