Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Bruise on stomach, back and kidney, tenderness and throbbing sensation, nausea, chills, malaise. Urine test done. Help

My 20 yr old daughter suddenly developed a bruise on both her stomach and back over her right kidney with tenderness and a throbbing sensation in the right kidney. She also had chills and nausea along with body aches and a general feeling of malaise. Her nephrologist recommended she go to ER. A CT scan of the kidney looked normal - no stones or abnormalities. Her blood work was normal - platelets were ok. The urine test showed high blood and protein levels. She has been having kidney pain for over a year but has not had a kidney stone since Feb 2011. She also has intermittent ankle swelling and experiences tingling in her hands with weird discoloration in her hands. Along with this kidney issue, she also has had what was diagnosed as facial cellulitis around her left eye 3 times in the last 18 months with the last event requiring hospitalization.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
your reports are suggestive of some immune disorder.your daughter may be having SLE or IgA require these test ANA,Anti DSDNA,C3 C4,24 hr urine protein,serum Cryoglobulins,hbsag,anti HCV,HIV.dont worry we should find out etiology,we will get do this test and let me know results
Answered: Sat, 19 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor