Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Bruise on spine. How could that happen? Posture related?


I am a healthy, active, non-smoking young adult and about a month ago I noticed a quarter sized bruise with very faint scraping on the surface near the base of my spine, just above the waist band. It is only now beginning to fade away and I was wondering if there is some sort of explanation for this? I never got hit/bumped there, I have good posture and I don't drink very often so I know it wasn't from a drunken mishap.

Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The bruise near your spine might have happened due to a mild trauma that you might not have noticed. Since the bruise has gradually faded now, there is nothing to worry.
A mils muscle sprain can also cause such a mild internal bleeding.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor