Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Bruise on pelvic region after a horse riding accident, sharp pain on lower back above pelvis. Causes ?

Hi there, I recently was in a bad horseback riding accident. I went to the ER a day after it happened and had a CAT scan of my chest ( breathing problems) and hips (severe pain in left hip). The attending doctor said that I have no broken bones, and lungs look good. I now have a bruise the size of a softball on my pelvic region. The pain above my left hip is diminishing slowly, but still there for the most part. I sometimes get this sharp pain on my lower back right above my pelvis . It feels like a bunch of cold needles are going through my skin, but there isn t any bruising whatsoever. My left side is still pretty tender and a little harder than the other side in some areas. What are the possible causes for these issues on my left side?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  251
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain and tenderness on the left side is likely to be due to a soft tissue injury in the area. Since there are no skin color changes, a superficial hematoma is not likely. You need to rest for a few days, take a mild pain killer and do a hot fomentation in the area for relief.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor