Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Bruise on leg near shin, dent formed near it, blue discolouration. Cause of concern?

I got a bruise on my leg, near my shin, getting onto a boat at the beginning of last summer. It was a pretty good bruise. A couple months went by and there was still a bruise. It doesn t hurt, but I also noticed a dent had been formed where the bruise was. In two months it will have been a whole year and I still have the dent and it is slightly still blue. It s not going away. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M.Forum.
The injury got 10 months back and still there is dent on the injured part .
In my opinion get in one X ray of injured part and consult an orthopaedician just to rule out any underlying disease in this part.
If no pathology ( disease ) then well & good .
If any change in injured part then get a treatment .
Some times sequestrum formed in the bone in old injury.
Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 14 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor