Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Bruise on left thigh, knot in same area, burning sensation, numbness. Tried icing and heating it. Suggestions?

Yes. I fell through a ceiling and my left thigh got a deep bruise . that was 2 weeks ago and now there is a knot the size of a golfball in the same spot. It is sore to the touch and sometimes has a burning feeling to it. And half of it is numb. Ihave done ice then heat for like a week after it happened. It is really aggravating me. Any suggestions. Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  282
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM,
It seems that you have developed hematoma on the part.
As it is sore to touch there is possibility of having infection.
Go for one antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicine and wait.
Gradually it will be absorbed.
If there is no improvement then some times you may require aspiration of blood.
Okand bye.
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor