Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Bruise on left arm, yellow discolouration spreading around it. Family history of thrombosis. Cause of worry?

I had a bruise apear on my left arm at first it was a small bruise with purple colouration now its still purple but more yellow colouration is spreading around the bruise. I dont have any pain on affected area but 3 days ago had shortness of breath. Should I be concerned as I have thrombosis running in my family. Is thrombosis genetic? I am a 27 year old male about 1.8 meters tall.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I am sorry that you suffered the bruit. I am glad that you do not have any pain on the affected area. To me, it seems like healing and nothing to be concerned about.

Yes, a few of the thrombotic conditions are genetically inherited.

It should resolve spontaneously in a few days.

Wish you good health.

Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor