Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Bruise on forearm, lump underneath. Had blood pressure taken

I have found a bruise on my forearm after showering last night. There was also a lump or swelling underneath which was quite pronounced. This morning the lump has gone down a little. The only thing I can think of is on Wednesday I was in hospital and had my blood pressure taken and it was very tight. Otherwise no pain or anything else.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  229
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.

You can apply a ointment thrombophob ( heparin benzyl nicotinate ) locally over the bruise to reduce the inflammation. The ointment will help to increase the blood supply over the skin.

Application for 1-2 days should help the bruise/ lump get well.

However, if there is no change get clinically examined to rule out any fluid/blood inside the lump.

Wear lose fitting cotton clothes for comfort, avoid lifting heavy weight or doing strenuous exercises. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor