Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Bruise on arm. Icing the area led to tightness and tingling. What should i do?

I am hoping that you can help me, I have a few hours ago around 2 hours ago i finished training at the gym and i did pushing movements. I felt fine and i had no pain at all until about 20 minutes ago, i got into the shower and after a few minutes i extended my left arm and i felt a sharp pain in the outer head of my left tricep ( sort of like a tense pinch). I immediately jumped out the shower and had a look in the mirror to see to see that i had a small bruise under about half way up my arm. i have iced the area to try and reduce any swelling but i am really worried to extend my arm fully in case i get the pain again. Also after icing the area i am starting to feel tightness and tingling on my left hand.

Could you please adivce me with what i should do?

Kind regards,

Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, nothing to worry, it is just post traumatic ecchymosis after heavy exercise. The bruise will fade within 2 to 3 weeks. Tingling and numbness is also temporary. You will recover after few hours. If you feel embarassing, then take vitamin C, vitamin K and anti inflammatory. You may apply thrombophob ointment... I hope you will feel better. But , you avoid heavy exercise. .. Ok
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor