Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Bruise like spot on the leg. Have fatty liver. Could that be the reason?

I have a bruise like spot on my lower right leg, it kind of indents a bit, no pain though. I have had it now for a year and a half. I showed it to my doctor and he told me to go to a dermatologist . I am just worried it has something to do with my liver? I have a fatty liver but have recently quit drinking, about a month now. What do you think?
Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
You should first take aggressive treatment for fatty liver. In order to rule out bleeding disorders get a Bleeding time,clotting time and PT and INR done. If these are normal then you need not worry.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor