Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Bruise-like sensation in foot. History of broken leg. Is this PF?

I am feeling a bruise-like sensation around the arch of my right foot . I started up a walking routine and seemed fine for the first month (3 to 4 miles per session). Suddenly I felt this pain build up so I stopped walking for a few days and kept my leg raised that helped a bit. It came back. I broke my leg in three places and have six pins holding it together but that happened over 15 years ago. Is this PF, or something else?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
From the complaints you had described it could be inflammation of soft tissues over the sole of the foot also called as Plantar fasicties. It can be treated by mild analgesics, local anti inflammatory gel application, Hot and cold fomentation and some plantar fascia stretches, But please consult local orthopaedic doctor before starting of the treatment.
It is not related to old injury you had to the leg.
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor