Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Bruise in corner of mouth. Related to sun exposure?

Hi my husband has a bruise that has suddenly appeared in the corner do his mouth - it seems to end just on the inside of the mouth. He has not knocked himself around that area in anyway. I noticed it when we had come back from a 2 hour walk to the beach. The weather was hot and sunny, could this be related to sun exposure? We did put sunblock on but not on the lips?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  508
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi dear it may be due to sun exposure. but just ask him whether it itches or there is any oozing from it, then it ll be herpes labialis.
treatment for both varies, if it is just red and cracked use oint fluticasone 0.05% once daily for 5 days he ll be fine, if oozing also there, use oint acyclovir 5 times a day for 7 days. hope he gets well soon.
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Mostaque Mahmud's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I think the condition of your husband's angle of mouth is most likely Perioral dermatitis. Sun exposure is not a cause of POD.
You could apply Erythromycin lotion twice daily on it,
You could take Capsule minocyclin 100 mg twice daily for 2weeks.
It would be better if you visit a dermatologist before take those medication.
with regards,
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor