Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Brownish growth on the scalp. What is it?

I have this brown raised scabbie growth about the size of a quarter, on my scalp . Yesterday I felt it and a piece of the growth came off. I have had this for at least 10 years and had it looked at, and Dr. said it was nothing to be concerned about. As of today...the whole center came off...and I don t know what to do..??
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
I would be pleased to answer your question .

You seem to be having either a Wart or a Nevus Sebaceous .

You will need to get it removed only through a surgical procedure or Laser treatment.
It will not go away with any cream based treatments.

Please do book an appointment with the Dermatologist.

Thanks and Take care
Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor