Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Brown vaginal discharge, awful smell, irregular bleeding, bleeding after intercourse. What is causing this?

I originally had constant brown vaginal discharge , with an awful smell, and irregular bleeding also bleeding after intercourse I had a vaginal examination and a swab taken and was blindly prescribed metronidazole , all was fine with me swab I am 24 and have 3 children ages 9,6,2 I m in the uk so I am not allowed a pap smear until I m 25, after my antibiotics the odour ceased, but brown vaginal discharge and pink vaginal discharge never stopped I havnt seen normal vaginal discharge for over 2 years now, and I am worried about going back to the doctor as they made me feel like an idiot, I am also still bleeding after intercourse having pain after intercourse suffer from menstrual like cramping daily, and have had an increase in urgency to urinate for the past few months, what is causing all if this ? I am currently using nexplanon birth control , but had this discharge before this and also irregular bleeding, I am a smoker and am inside a healthy weight range
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems that you are having some chronic genital tract infection.
You may require long antibiotic medicine course along with metrinidazole tablet.
Consult gynaec and get examined.
Keep local hygiene healthy.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rubee Khattar's  Response
Hello Dear,
You seems to be really in trouble and require a thorough examination. It doesn't looks like vaginal infection because usually infections does not produce bleeding.
You are having irregular as well as post coital bleeding. This can be due to any growth both benign and malignant, within your genitals. growth inside vagina and on cervix are easily visible by naked eye examination, which i am sure your doctor must have excluded. Those inside uterus, most common polyps can be detected only by ultrasound or hysteroscopy.
In my view, your examination is incomplete without these. Go ahead and talk to your doctor frankly. Its your health.
All the best
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor