Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Brown spots, lomela cream, sun ban lotion, solution for pigmentation ?

I had severe pigmentation i.e brown spots in my face I had severe pigmentation i.e brown spots in my face for the past three years. I have been advised to use lomela cream and sun ban lotion by a dermatologist . But no use. The pigmentation is still there. Ofcourse it is not spreading. I am wearing specs and under the spex, both side of my chin
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  1532
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi..dear Sheela..,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
Brown spots on the face is called ..FRECKLES..,
It is not respond to normal lightening creams..,
So go for..,
1) Morning times use...SUNSCREEN LOTION..,
2) Night times use...Kojic acid and Vit C..,
on night times..,
3) But best removal by using.., has to be done by...Dermatologist..,
ok thanQ
Answered: Sat, 7 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Udhay Sidhu's  Response

Pigmentation can be of various types such as superficial and deep.
Also there can be multiple effects such as hormonal imbalance, sun, certain medications can also cause it also it can be genetic.
It is good that you are using a sunscreen lotion, use a SPF of atleast 30, opt for non greasy preparation and apply atleast 15 min propr to stepping out in the Sun and re apply it after 3 hours.
If the topical creams are not giving significant result you need to meet a cosmetologist and discuss about chemical peels such as glycolic and TCA peels.
Also please get some investigations done which will facilitate in finding out the cause - your dermatologist can guide you more on it

Take Care
Answered: Sat, 7 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor