Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Brown spots in pubic region above penis, not on testicles. HPV or STD?

My boyfriend has been getting these brown spots in his pubic region above his penis . They aren t on his penis or testicles. And they don t cause him any pain discomfort or itching. Nothing. What are they? Should I be worried. I got tested a couple months ago and I was clean. And I don t have any signs or symptoms of what he has. Is this hpv or an std
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  614
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your has multiple brown spots over his pubic region,

Most likely these are what is called as Fordyce Spots.

The skin in pubic region is rich in sebaceous glands and hence prone to get more sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin.

Normally they fade away without treatment however they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected..
Observe proper personal hygiene by cleaning the entire area with warm water twice daily.
Answered: Sun, 22 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor