Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Brown spot on cheeks after using old lipstick. Will laser treatment help? Do I have to go for a cosmetic surgery?

Hi Doctor..My name is Harshita and I am 27 years old. I reside in Bangalore and will be here till 31st July. I have a brown melasma kinda spot on my right cheek which I got due to application of my mom s old lipstick , when i was in class 3rd. since i used it as a blusher/ruse that time for some function and to wipe it off i used a rough cloth and rubbed it off rigorously ..the portion where i had applied lipstick turned red that time.but next day it turned slight brown as if i had a chemical reaction and my skin got burned slightly (like a sun burn) . since then We ( me n my parents) have consulted all sorts of doctor.. homeopathic. ayurvedic home, remedies. dermatologist , have gone through dermabarssaaion ( 5 sessions) chemical peels (7 sessions) but nothing happened .. Doctors say that it is a birth mark ..but i know it s not as it happened because of application of that old lipstick of my mom . currently I had one laser treatment on 6th pf May ( suggested by Dr. Sujaya Hedge in Bangalore) and the second treatment is due on 15th of July - fractional laser) NOw my worry is she suggested Q- switched NG yag laser but the machine which she used is fractional laser and i didn t see any change since i had my first treatment. I want to know if my spot can be treated using cosmetic surgery and that too 100% .. its not that visible at times but sometimes it is very visible especially in pictures . i want to get rid of it completely as i m getting married in NOvember .. Plz suggest me an appropriate treatment . i would really appreciate if it can go off my face permanently before my marriage without any scars. Thank a lot in advance for your time and valuable advice. I am looking for treatment in Bangalore before 31st of July if possible.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi harshita,
Thanks for writing in.

You seem to have nevus or postinflammatory hyperpigmentation .
Qswitch Nd yag laser and fractional CO2 laser can have good result in your case.

You need to consult a dermatologist as dermatology being a visual field, the cause for your pigmentation and the treatment required can only be suggested after proper skin examination.

Take care.

MD Dermatology
Answered: Wed, 28 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor