Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Brown spot behind left calf, was flat and light brown in color, now swollen, fluid-filled. Treatment?

I have a brown spot, roughly the size of a quarter, on the back of my left calf . It s been there for some time, and until recently it appeared to be a simple age spot. It was flat and light brown. Last week it seemed a little flaky & itchy. I scratched it, and within 24 hours it became raised and fluid-filled. I ll be seeing my internist in a couple of days, but I ve grown increasingly anxious about it. I m a 70-year-old female.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

It seems that you are having seborrheic keratosis.

Seborrheic keratoses are noncancerous (benign) skin growths that some people develop as they age.

They often appear on the back or chest, but can occur on any part of the body.

Seborrheic keratoses grow slowly, in groups or singly...

Now , you may be having secondary bacterial infection.

Take antibiotics for 2 weeks...and Apply antibiotics till infection clears.

Then, you may go for electrocautery for complete recovery.

It is an OPD procedure, done under local anaesthesia.

Do not worry, you will be alright.

Just consult an expert dermatologist and go for treatment.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Wed, 31 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor