Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Brown scar on the face, have fair complexion. Can it be cured?

Hello doctor , I have scar on my left side of face in middle just after my nose on cheeks , My complexion is fair and this Scar is of Brown with 2cm in length , It feels so awkward . It came after sun brun , looks apigmentation , It can be cure Pls guide I am female of age 26. applied some cream but it worsen not cured ..
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi sweeti,
Thanks for writing in.

You seem to have postinflammatory hyperpigmentation and scar formation.
For pigmentation as a general rule-
Avoid sun exposure
Use a good sunscreen of SPF 30 and repeat application every 3 to 4 hours
Take antioxidant and vitamin c supplements .

You can apply Vaniza cream at night time over the affected area.

You need to consult a dermatologist as dermatology being a visual field, the cause for scar and the treatment required can only be suggested after proper skin examination.

Take care.

MD Dermatology
Answered: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor