Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Brown discharge, bleeding after sex, abdominal pain. Taken antibiotics. Done abortion. Can you help?

I have been suffering from a brown coloured what I believe to be discharge for months Wich is stringy and full of lumps to put it not very nice its like ive blown my nose into my underwear and nearly every time after sex I bleed and also get mild to strong pain in my very lower stomach about pelvic region can I have had 3 lots of antibiotics which have done noting and had sti tests which have all proved negative as also I am married! I have 2 children my youngest being 14 months and I also had a termination back in June can you help me please
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello dear,i understand your concern.In my opinion the brown discharge, bleeding after sex,pain abdomen mostly suggests pelvic inflammatory disease(PID).I suggest you to go for pap smear to rule out any abnormality of cervix.Usually confirmed case of PID is treated by antiboitics course.Also endometrial biopsy might be helpful in confirming the diagnosis.So consider getting ultrasound,pap smear,endometrial biopsy by consulting gynaecologist.
Best regards...Dr.Srilatha
Answered: Thu, 19 Nov 2015
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Nishikant Shrotri's  Response
Jan 2016
Hallow Dear,

Your history suggests chronic pelvic inflammation (may be infection). The discharge you describe is typical of infection. You are most likely having some chronic lesion on the mouth of the uterus (cervix) - it could be chronic infection and/or cervical polyp. Such mucoid blood stained discharges are typical of cervical and uterine infections.

The pain in abdomen after sex is indicative of either inflammation of uterus or parametrium (tissue around the uterus).

It seems you have contacted this infection/inflammation after your last delivery. Chronic Pelvic Infection/Inflammation needs prolonged and repetitive antibiotics treatment along with some anti-inflammatory medicines.

It is likely that your infection is recurring repeatedly. If your husband is harboring some infection.

My advice to you is:

1. Report to a Gynaecologist and get yourself internally examined. You may need ultrasonography and/or Laparoscopy for clinching the pathology. The cervical infection (chronic erosion) may be treated with antibiotics and cauterization of the lesion. If cervical polyp is present, it will require surgical removal. Chronic pelvic infection (PID) may demand removal of your uterus and the adjoining structures.

2. Please subject your husband for examination from STI consultant or urologist. Both of you may require simultaneous treatment to prevent recurrence.

I hope you will take the issue rather more seriously ands scientifically to get it resolved permanently.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri
Answered: Sun, 10 Jul 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor