Owl Image

Brown discharge after heavy cycle and intercourse

Hello I m a 40 yr old female and I don t have any medical history issues with my cycle. I usually come on between every 25-28 days just this month I came on 4/11- 4/14 my period was very heavy and clotting I stayed on for 4 days and started spotting brown after I went off...well I noticed last Tuesday I was still discharging brown and to thus day is still discharging. My husband and I were intimate and I noticed after we finished and I went to restroom and I was still discharging, not sure why I m discharging dark brown.....I m really concerned this has never happened before...please help if you can!!
Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Hello.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Brownish discharge means some old blood is coming out of your vagina which might have remained inside after your period was over.There is nothing to worry. It will go off in a few days. Sometimes such irregular discharge is seen in the perimenopausal age group.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com