Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Brown Sugar addiction. How can I quit? Would Trimodol help?

Brown Sugar addict. How can I quit Would Trimodol help? Doctor I an a Brown Sugar addict & want to leave desperately. I have heard of Adnoc (spelling), which apparently the government gives for free to addicts. Unfortunately i do not know of a center & moreover touts have taken over & sell at exorbitant prices. It is the most effective medicine in helping leave addiction . Someone told me to try Trimodol is that helpful too? Is it opiate based as only opiate based medicines would help me as I take Brown Sugar which has opiates besides a lot of other harmful things, So would Trimodol help too. Please help me doctor, If you could tell me of a center where Adnoc is available...I believe it is available in Vimhans,....but don t know if the doctors there would help. I aan at your mercy please help me doctor.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

Brown sugar consists of crude opium and other adulterants. It is a common substance of abuse and it causes both physical and physiological dependence. As you have been taking it for long time then de addiction by self medication is not a good idea. You will just become dependent on another drug. Visit a Psychiatrist for opinion. Tremadol can be used in de addiction but it is also having abuse potential and there are high chances that you will become dependent on this drug. Many medicines are used in de addiction like Nodict, Qudict and mostly are available with prescription of a Psychiatrist only. I would again advise you to visit a Psychiatrist for de addiction.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Answered: Fri, 3 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor