Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Broken neck in accident, neck pain, x-ray shows fused bone in spine. Want second opinion

i was in an accident a few years ago in a swimming pool and broke a bone in my neck when they did an xray they seen that i had a fused bone in my spine and they dont no if it was the accident or if i was born like this but since then i have been having serious pain in my back and neck and i ve seen my doctor and he says that the pain in my back is lumbago but all the medication i was given for this hasnt worked or made any difference i was just looking for another opinion on the matter thanks
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain in the lower back is not likely to be related to the injury you had few years ago. The exact cause of the pain can be determined by an MRI of lumbar spine. Bed rest and muscle relaxants in combination with pain killers can provide you relief.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 14 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor