Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Broken nail, infected. Need a good doctor

hello, i have a problem with my nail. it broke at the top of my nail (beside cuticles) about 2 weeks ago and I think its infected now. I don't know who takes care of nail (is it dermatologist, GP doctor etc) and where should I go with it. I think my GP can give me a referral letter to dermatologist but it will be very expensive
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, it seems that you are having onychomycosis.. Fungal infection of nail. Antifungal tablet and application of antfungal lotion for long period will cure the disease. Only the dermatologist will take care for your nail disease. .. Ok
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor