Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Broken humerus. Pain and cracking during sex. Lost power in arm

Hi there I broke my humerus very badly 3 years ago and had 2 metal rods put in to it and never had much problem. Then last week was have sex with my girlfriend and was putting pressure and it as per normal when heard 3 cracks over 2 days and the third one was very loud and had a very sharp pain. Now i have lost power in the arm and have a consent pain in the arm. Still have movement as normal but the movement of the arm in the direction depends on the level of pain cheers James
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to repeat X ray of the humerus to check if there is breakage of plate or any non union of the bone. As you are saying that you have heard cracking sound there is chances of re fracture .Till that time i will suggest you to take Brufen tablet for pain relief.
Answered: Fri, 11 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor