Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Broken blister, pus oozing. What should I do with layer of pus?

I have a broken blister and the hospital put a non sticky fabric on top. I kept it on for a day and a half, today i changed the dressing and i saw a sticky, gooey layer of pus . when i pulled the fabric, a bit of the pus started to peel off. I gently pullec the fabric leaving the layer of pus on. what should i do with layer of pus? when i pull it off, i can see my flesh. if i leave it, will it develop into a scab instead?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  166
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Wound healing is affected by the following parameters:
1. Presence of foul smelling / pus discharge
2. Size of the wound
3. Presence of foreign body
4. Co morbid medical condition such as diabetes / immunocompromised state
5. If it on a pressure point
6. Neurovascular functions

Presuming you are completely healthy (no diabetes, no vascular or neurological problem), the wound is not on a pressure point, there is no active discharge and the wound is clean - I do not find any other reasons that this should not heal well.

Keep the wound clean and dry. You may apply a thin layer of neosporin oinment on it to prevent wound contamination.

Hope this answers your query.

Answered: Thu, 28 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor