Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Broken back after beating. Painful, muscle spasms when moving. What can I do?

when I was 10, my step father took his misguided disapline over board, ending with him breaking a 2x4 across my upper back, about the same area as my back arm bones. sorry I don t know what they are called. I have lost a lot of the bone mass around 2 of my spinal bones in that area. Often I awake unable to move due to incredible pain. My muscles go into spasm when I try to move. Chiropactors won t touch my back any longer for fear of breaking my back and paralyzing me. Now I suffer from it. What can I do, since I can t work,have no insurance, am a widow, and have been denied S.S.D. and S.S.I. I m not old enough to get survivors benefits, because my children are grown up and gone.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You can take pain killers in combination with muscle relaxants like catafla for pain relief. You need rest and avoid any exercise without consulting a neurologist.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,

Answered: Thu, 5 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor