Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Broke down in train while commuting. Admitted with hemoglobin, platelet problem. Correct diagnosis?

i am going on mumbai in local train but suddenly i brick down in train and after same time i am OK and going to my office but suddenly again same problem in my body, my office was admitted in hospital and ICU then two day after doctor say you are OK just hemoglobin and platelet problem but till today doctor has not intimated to me what is the acute problem. sir I requested to what is the problem in my body vijay
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Dear Vijay,
thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, you have provided very little information to go on.

I would however, still attempt to give possibilities:
What you have described may have resulted from a number of issues ranging from hypotension (low BP), hypoglycemia (low blood glucose), syncope ("fainting"), anemia (low hemoglobin), etc.

If the problem was only with the hemoglobin and platelet, one may assume that the hemoglobin may have been low. A few fairly uncommon platelet disorders may cause a "fainting" spell, but these cannot be so easily detected without specialized tests.

So, essentially, I would suggest that you visit your doctor again, and attempt to get the details of these hemoglobin and platelet problems that were discovered. It would then be easier to render relevant advice.

Kind regards.
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
General & Family Physician Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain's  Response
hemoglobin and platelet problems could be very very vast. This could constitute a medical specialty on its own. However, clinical, past history, family history, laboratory, morphologic, genetic parameters when put together usually help in diagnosis accurately the cause and type of hemoglobine or platelet problem.
This problem could be genetic, traumatic, autoimmune, tumoral, drug induced, pregnancy related or at times unexplained. It could be advisable to make an appointment with a hematologist for a good clinical analysis, blood exams and diagnostic and management plan.
Thanks for using health care magic as I hope this helps,
Best regards,
Lucuo, MD.
Answered: Thu, 14 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor