Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Bright red sore behind ear going upto scalp, ooze oily liquid, dye hair frequently. What could the cause be?

Bright red sore behind ear going up onto scalp , oozing oily liquid. Have had a problem with dry and flaky scalp yet oily hair for 4-5 years. Wash hair once-twice a week maximum. Recently trying (last 2-3 months) dandruff shampoo - not helping. Dyed just front part of hair twice within last 6 months (bangs) but have long hair. Could dye be the problem? No spots anywhere else. Could shampoos/hair-care products be the problem (use minimal of these), Could a liquid body soap cause problems in other places? Other Info: 19 years old Only regular earring piercings (2 in lobe only) over 10 years old. Rash on legs and arms that has been ongoing for over 1 year which we believe was the laundry soap as seems to be slowly healing now that we ve gone to baby laundry detergent. Patient is allergic to naproxen , and wasp stings. Makes me think allergies.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  156
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
you can get allergy to any prduct at any time at any age
all the things you asked can cause this
even if you use sometimes means nothing
once you are exposed to allergen it takes 3 week for body to adjust again
i advise you to start with
keep skin dry
no oily greesy spicy foods
no use of mustard copconut walnut groundnuts almonds soya oils
use olive for application and cooking
use non toxic soaps creams shampoos
apply flucort lotion on scalp at night and wash with ketakonazole shampoo
apply clidac a gel on the skin and scalp in affected parets of skin
you can see the difference
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor