Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Bridge of nose and forehead very dry and flaky, small spot above right eyelid. What to do ?

The bridge of my nose is very dry and flaky, and so is on part of my forehead . I also have a small spot above my right eyelid . I suspect it is because I m dehydrated, but I ve been drinking four glasses of water a day for about a week. I don t know if it would be immediate, but is there anything else I could do? I m also pretty young, as in not a young adult but a teen.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
From the description it seems you are having some kind of eczematous skin disorder most probably seborrheic dermatitis.
To treat the same
Avoid use of harsh soaps, cosmetics, oils or any fragrant skin products over face
Use mild soap to wash face and moisturiser like cetaphil to moisturise dry flaky areas.
Apply a mild steroid cream like hydrocortisone cream over the affected areas for few days.
Hopefully in few days your skin condition should improve.
Kindly start the treatment under your parent's supervision and if possible consult a dermatologist near by.
Take care
Answered: Thu, 28 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor