Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Breathing problems after being punched in the middle of chest. Any trauma to chest ?

Hello, I was punched in the middle of my chest several times two dsya go. The punches weren t enough to bother me at all, but a day later I found it very hard to breathe. Then today I m having worse problems breathing and when I move a certain way (mainly leaning forward) it hurts or when I outstretch my limbs. What could have been caused from this blunt trauma to my chest?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  501
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
The blunt trauma to your chest have injured the chest musclesand in worst case there might be rib fracture too.
Get X Ray of chest done to see if there is any fracture of ribs.
Notice at your breathing movement of chest , is any part moving paradoxically in opposite direction to rest ? there might be chance of flail chest if yes.
The best thing you can do at the moment is go and get a check up by your doctor and follow his advice.
For pain you can take analgesics and apply local analgesic gel.

Don't neglect.

Hope this helps.
Update here how you stay.

Take care.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place.Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also
Answered: Wed, 7 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Kulbir Singh's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
Trauma causes soft tissue injury or muscular spasm to the area and it getting pain when you use the muscle like in breathing and stretching the limbs. Follow certain steps to reduce your pain:
1. Do hot fermentation of the area.
2. Take analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce pain. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel at the site.
3. Take as much rest as you can.
4. Can bear a rib belt to restrict the movements of the muscles.

Hope this will help you. If not than get your X-ray done and check for rib fracture and consult your doctor.
Best Wishes
Answered: Mon, 5 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor