Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Breastfeeding, have occasionally severe back and joint pains post C-section. How can I cure it?

Hi, I had Ceasarian operation on 11th Jan 2011, I did not had joint pain & back pain 1-2 months after delivery however post that I have been having back pain & joint pain which is severe occasionaly, I am continuing with breastfeeding as of now only in night, could you pls guide me on what might be the issue & what can be done to cure.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  208
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
This is a bone pain due to calcium loss from your bones during pregnancy & lactation.
A breast feeding mother needs more vitamins rich along which calcium.There are chances that you have not consume proper vitamins & calcium during your term of pregnancy leads to this situation.
So take vitamins & calcium more if you stop breast feeding then also you needs it.
Answered: Tue, 24 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor