Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Breast tenderness, nausea, loss of appetite after miscarriage. Had protected sex. When can I expect normal periods?

Hi, I have had a miscarriage Last month on 23 June (at 5 weeks), My hcg levels were 900 & progesteron was 8.9 on 4 weeks 2 days & then after 48 hrs hcg dropped to 300 & then after 2-3 days I had normal perood like flow for 3 days & my doc suggested thta it was a chemical pregnency, I was not prepared for this preg & me and my husband are not planning for baby any sooner, Now after 3 weeks of my MC & am again feeling breast tenderness & nausea & Loss of apetite. We had protected (with condoms ) sex twice 5 days after I miscarried. I am just getting this nervous that I might be pregnent again as I am having this breast tenderness & sick feeling today. My normal cyccle is of 25-26 days. when Should I expect my normal periods in such situations. shall I go for a pregnency test soon?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  161
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
As you have intercourse 5 days after your miscarried the chances of pregnancy is there considering condom failure.
You should go for home pregnancy test after 21 st July & repeted every week until you gets period for further confirmation as there were enough chances of irregular periods after your miscarriage.
Answered: Sat, 21 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor