Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Breast pain. what can be done to treat it?

I have had right breast pain in the upper outer region, I have had 4 manual exams by 4 seperate drs. I am 33 healthy. I have had a breat ultrasound that is negative, bloodwork perfect, 2 abdo ultrasounds, chest ct, contrast MRI , chest xray all come back great but I had an upper gi scope that helped with a diagnosis of IBS-C. *It was so bad that I had caused damage to all surrounding muscles but that is fine but I am stiil having breast pain-no lumps it related somehow??
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
thank you for your query.
If the clinical examination by 4 doctors in addition to a breast ultrasound is normal, then you are most probably not having any breast condition to worry about.
An abdominal or gastrointestinal condition can cause referred pain to the lower ribcage.
However, pain in the upper outer region is not explained by your GI scopy findings too.
It could be a muscular pain in the abdominal muscles or a pain in the underlying ribs and bony cage.
You could try consulting an orthopedic surgeon as it sounds like more of a muscular pain.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor