Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

155 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Brain tumor report

Hello sir/Mam , My father is suffering from Brain Tumor as doctor said to me .Following report i got from doctor after MRI BRAIN - CONTRAST. Findings :- There is presence of large irregular area of heterogenous signal intensity in left temporo-parietal region on T2 WI and FLAIR images . It appears illdefined iso to hypointense on T1 WI . GRE shows internal hypointensity , suggest possibility of calcification . There is presence of mass effect on left lateral ventricle , which is partially effacedd with 9 mm mid line shift to the right . Contrast study shows mild illdefined enhancement of lesion . It shows local invasion of left lateral ventricle in the region of trigone and proximal occipital horn . Left hemisphere shows presence of oedema . The cerebral white and gray matter show normal configurational pattern and signal intensities in T1 and T2 weighted scan in right hemisphere . The basal gangalia , thalami , brain stem and cerebellum show normal MR signal intensities . The pituitary gland is normal in size and shows normal MR signal intensity . The ventricular system shows mild delatation . No abnormal parenchymal or meningeal enhancement . The CSF is the cerebral sulci and the intracranial cisternal spaces show no abnormality . Major flow voids are preserved . IMPRESSION :- Findings suggest possibility of mass in left tempo-parietal region locally invading trigone of left lateral ventricle , mass effect and with internal calcification . Possibility of oligodendroglioma should be considered . Report from Apollo Hospitals , Gandhinagar , Gujrat .
Thu, 24 Sep 2009
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,   ,  
  User's Response
's  Response
Hey man you have posted a much too intricate medical stuff on the forum.I am worried that anyone here can assist you with this unless he or she is a doctor.Why don't you use the icon on the right and talk to a doctor online.they may be able to help you.
  User's Response
mohit's  Response
I thought if i post it ....i will directly concern with doctors and they will tell me the what i have to do now .
  User's Response
Arun's  Response


I am sad to know about your dad affected by brain tumor. Even i faced the same situation for my dad. If you are put up at Bangalore, i would request you to consult Dr. Ram Gopal Varma the nerosurgeon - M.S Ramaiah Memorial Hospitalm- Bangalore. Never & ever can see a Dr like that.

Pray god for your dad's quick recovery

- Arun

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My brother suffers from brain tumor. It is on its initial stage. A year ago his brain s scan shown that the tumor was very small but now again scan has been made and size has increased. On this report his doctor suggests us not to worry because it is practically same. We are unable to decide what to do. Please guide us.

doctor1 MD

Hi,This is pankaj from Delhi. Wanted to ask you whether there is any ayurvedic cure available for Brain tumor, when the tumor is in the middle of the brain. My Aunty (based in Haldwani,Uttaranchal) is suffering from it and now it is severe, she has left all her diets and now has stopped recognizing anyone.Doctors have refused to operate as they say that its 95% sure that the operation would be unsuccessful. The tumor suspected is Glioblastoma. The survival periods is between 1-6 months. The patient appears as if she is in coma and is not at all responding.We want to start with the ayurvedic medicines at the earliest. I am sending the reports for your referencePlease let me know if something can be done.Awaiting your reply at the earliestRegard pankaj

doctor1 MD

Dear doctor, Three years ago (2006) , My daughter had been diagnosed with brain tumor called (DNET) in the right temporal lobe size (33x22x19 mm) . The MRI scan was done after having a car accident as a normal check up. Doctors recommended not to expose her to an operation to remove the tumor since she was only two years old and did not complain from any health problems. Recently ,my 6 years old daughter started to complain from headache episodes nearly every day. I started to notice that her eyes directions are not parallel as usual and within two days she has crossed eyes. The doctor discovered that she has a compressed optic nerve due to increased pressure in the skull ( hydrocephalus) and ordered an urgent operation called(shunt )to drain the accumulated fluid . A tube was inserted in her skull to drain fluids in to her abdomen . Her eyes returned back to its normal direction and every thing is ok now. However, doctors recommended that the tumor should be removed within one year maximum otherwise she will suffer from serious complications. An MRI scan was done after the shunt surgery shows an increased size of the tumor ( 39 X 53 mm) .Kindly, I want your recommendations based on the attached MRI scans and the best surgery methods to follow with minimum complications. 1.     What are the most common post-operative complications ? 2.      What is your evaluation in general? 3.     How long we can wait until she get fully recovered from the hydrocephalous operation that was done one month ago in order to do the surgery required ? Please Note: In this letter I will attach the following: -     MRI scan that was done 3 years ago (2006) with the report . -     MRI scan done in 2008 with report. -     MRI scan done in 2010 after shunt surgery with report. If you could not receive the attached files please send me another e-mail so I can send them back to you. Your fast response will be appreciated. Best regards; Hope KUWAIT

Recent questions on  Cerebrospinal fluid

doctor1 MD

I'm a 40 year old female, healthy, although I am overweight, prediabetic, and on medication for a rapid heart beat. I was diagnosed with a bad sinus infection last week and given a course of zithromax (finished it yesterday) other than a lingering sore throat and some ear pressure/pain i'm improving. Today while crocheting with my head bent forward my nose started to drain from the left nostril a clear but to my shock a bright yellow watery fluid (think a highlighter yellow) is this just ear/sinus fluid draining as I get better or should I be concerned of something more serious like csf fluid leakage (no head trama suffered) I guess what I'm asking is should I go to the er or ignore it?

doctor1 MD

I met with accident my head was injured and got csf rhinnorea and operated by nasal endoscopy in 2r st jun 2012,its 47 days after operation now ihave few doubts like when can I go to workout and how my life should be is it normal or any carefull things please help me goa cerebrospinal fluid when we are

doctor1 MD

i am getting fits from 2 year, it is taking my life, i am taking medicines like epsolin 300mg & tegrital, but still it is not getting alright. Many times i get fits,well this problem is started after my head injury then after 2 month's csf fluid is leaking through my my nose therefore i had operated craniatomy.please suggest me some cure. YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

My wife fears that she may have been exposed to syphilis about 5 years ago. In 2015, she had the RPR screen and FT-ABS screen and both came back as negative / non-reactive. Attached are some photos of rashes on her arms and legs that have...

doctor1 MD

What is involved in testing for Alzheimer's?

doctor1 MD

numbness start in hand all way feet

doctor1 MD

I had a HT and did not get seen until 1 year post my fall. I was unconscious, do not know how long. My brain felt as if it were slashing against my skull. I had a test and nothing showed up. I still have dizziness, and don't feel well.
my ear now drains. Is that possible spinal fluid??? I have Ins. now and will be contacting Dr. ASAP. I had all the sighns of a concusion. my ears do not ring but itch