Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Brain CT scan shows sclerosis of mastoid process, frequent running nose, one ear blocked. Treatment ?

Brain CT scan shows sclerosis of mastoid process. I have history of frequent running nose and feels like one side of the ear is blocked. I am getting seizures at times. what is the treatment for complete cure from this problem. I am getting only antiseizure meds. Do i have to take antibiotics? what are the investigations need to be done to cure this problem? please reply. thanks. AAAA.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  209
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Sclerosis of mastoid is indicative of the incomplete ventilation of middle ear cell system during development and with any associated problem does not need any treatment. If you have history of ear discharge or hearing loss, then there is need for further investigations. Fits may or may not be related to the ear problem. Your history of frequent running nose can be because of allergy or chronic sinusitis and long standing both these problems can lead to sclerosis. Please visit an ENT and get a CT PNS done. Also ENT will examine your ear and if any findings are there will decide accordingly. Long term antibiotics are not needed and should be taken with the prescription of doctor only. Regards
Answered: Wed, 23 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor